Tuesday 25 October 2011

Of dragons part three

Mornings,

Well I've started reading Game of Thrones again, gosh I love that book. Am asking for the rest of the series for Christmas. I'll admit, I'd never even heard of it until I saw the TV series, and after watching the Borgias, I understand the Guardian quote on the front cover.

I think I've probably already said this, but my favourite character is of course Daenerys Targaryen. Come on, Dragonlady! But even if she wasn't so associated with dragons I think I would still love her. Also second time reading it through, I've noticed the similarities between the Dothraki and the people of the Plains from the Warprize, Warsworn and Warlord books by Elizabeth Vargen... which is kinda awesome and adds to my ideas that all stories are mealy real events from parallel world.

But on my second reading, I've decided I also adore the Lannisters. My gosh, they are evil and awesome. They have a love/hate/ hate to love quality, that is almost reminiscent of the Malfoys from Harry Potter. Also check out the awesome quote to the left. Said by Tyrion the imp. I know the quote is talking about Jon and him being a bastard, but the quote spoke to me. I've been called some pretty mean and spiteful things in the past and hell, hasn't everyone? I like the quote, amour yourself with it and then it cannot be used to hurt you. That's pretty powerful if you can achieve such a state.

Talking about Jon Snow... him I don't like. I don't know why, but I just find him a bit whiny. But what can I say, at least there is a dragon on the wall. That makes my life better. The Starks generally annoy me, I think because they are trying to be the good guys and I have a lot more sympathy for the 'we're going to win and kick small children out of windows...' side. Not that I don't like Ayra, she seems to be the only one with any sense, and I love the idea of Needle. That is brilliant.

On the other hand, I think I love when Jon calls Joffrey a little shit to Ayra, just made me imagine Joff trying to sing about Pigfarts and the lights dying on him... and if he could have rolled on the floor a little more that would have been beautiful.

For now,
Ankh

No comments:

Post a Comment